Wednesday, September 14, 2011

Day 5

Yesterday was an eventful day.  In the morning I noticed what looked like a bug bite on Aidan's forehead but didn't think much of it.  When he got home from school his face was much more swollen and redder.  I put some cortisone cream on it and off we went to soccer practice.  After practice it looked much worse. It didn't bother him at all. I sent a picture of it to a doctor friend I work with who said it looked like an infection. I called his doctor who squeezed us in.  It's most likely a cellulitis from a bug bite so he wrote a prescription for an antibiotic with instructions to watch it closely.  I was up half the night with worry.  The swelling did spread a little more but the redness has gone a bit. I have to go to his school at lunch time to give him a dose and hopefully it will be looking better.




This is what it looked like last night, you can see the swelling by the dent in his skin from his glasses


No comments:

Post a Comment